We are looking for a highly skilled and dynamic manager to lead our team of staff and volunteers. You will oversee the day-to-day running of the organisation and its domestic abuse services across Greater Manchester, with the support of the service coordinators. You will work closely with the Board of Trustees and other stakeholders to design and develop services and projects to enable the organisation to meet its purpose and goals and to help deliver its growth plans.
This is a permanent position (subject to funding) for 21 hours (3 days) per week.
Salary: £32,029-£34,788 pro rata [£19,217 – £20,873 actual] plus 7% pension contribution
To be successful you will:
- be able to think strategically and creatively
- have experience in a leadership role in a similar setting, involving the effective management of people, performance, systems, policies, and risk
- be able to build collaborative and effective relationships
- understand how domestic violence and abuse is defined, how it manifests in different contexts, and the impact it has on victims/survivors
- understand the socio-political context within which VAWG services operate
- have managed budgets and operations within challenging financial circumstances, whilst balancing competing priorities
- be able to produce high quality reports and policies and present them to the Board
A bit about us
Independent Choices is a domestic abuse charity based in Manchester. We have delivered a confidential Helpline service for over 40 years, and also provide the Community Helpline Language Service to speakers of other languages, run the LGBT+ IDVA service (one of only a handful of LGBT+ specific IDVA services in the UK), maintain the End the Fear website and produce a weekly newsletter. Our services operate across Greater Manchester. We are a small but dedicated team of highly experienced employees and volunteers and have recently restructured our charity to build additional capacity and reflect the capabilities required to meet our organisational needs.
How to apply: CVs are not accepted. Please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Monday 19th October 2020
Interviews to be held: Monday 26th October 2020