We are looking for a highly skilled and dynamic manager to lead our team of staff and volunteers at Independent Choices. You will oversee the day-to-day running of the organisation and its domestic abuse services across Greater Manchester, with the support of the service coordinators. You will work closely with the Board of Trustees and other stakeholders to design and develop services and projects to enable the organisation to meet its purpose and goals and to help deliver its growth plans.
This is a full-time permanent position (subject to funding) 35 hours per week.
Salary: £32,029-£34,788 plus 7% pension contribution.
To be successful you will:
- think creatively and have experience developing and executing strategies
- have experience in a leadership role in a similar setting, involving the effective management of people, performance, systems, policies, and risk
- have proven ability to work collaboratively and build effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- understand how domestic violence and abuse is defined, how it manifests in different contexts, and the impact it has on victims/survivors
- understand the socio-political context within which VAWG services operate
- have successfully managed budgets and operations within challenging financial circumstances, whilst balancing competing priorities
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce high quality reports and policies and present them to the Board
A bit about us:
Independent Choices is a domestic abuse charity based in Manchester. We have delivered a confidential Helpline service for over 40 years, and also provide the Community Helpline Language Service to speakers of other languages, run the LGBT+ IDVA service (one of only a handful of LGBT+ specific IDVA services in the UK), maintain the End the Fear website and produce a weekly newsletter. Our services operate across Greater Manchester. We are a small but dedicated team of highly experienced employees and volunteers and have recently restructured our charity to build additional capacity and reflect the capabilities required to meet our organisational needs.
Want to know more?
Please download the application pack (including job description, person specification, equality monitoring form, and application form) from below:
How to apply:
CVs are not accepted. Please complete the application form and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Thursday 22nd April 2021
Interviews to be held: Thursday 6th May 2021