Independent Choices Greater Manchester are a Greater Manchester-based professional organisation with over 40 years of experience supporting, advising, and working with victims of domestic abuse & violence in Greater Manchester.
As an organisation, our key charity’s objectives are:
- To provide support for victims and survivors of domestic violence and abuse for people aged 16 or over and their families, throughout the United Kingdom
- To advance public and professional education and understanding of the issues of domestic abuse/ violence throughout the United Kingdom.
Our organisations consists of 4 key areas:
- The Greater Manchester Domestic Abuse Helpline, including The Community Helpline Service with services available in Urdu & Punjabi
- Training for professionals, the public, victims & survivors of domestic abuse & violence
- Community Engagement across Greater Manchester
- Our volunteer service – we recruit and train volunteers to work alongside and support our services
Independent Choices Greater Manchester (ICGM) also manages and run the End the Fear website. This is a Greater Manchester focussed website whose primary focus is to provide key information and support for victims and survivors of domestic violence and abuse, as well as for their family, friends, professionals, and perpetrators. You can also find regular job vacancies posted for new positions within the Domestic Abuse/Violence and VAWG (Violence Against Women and Girls) sectors. We also post regular news, reports, and articles, especially curated for our readers and subscribers.
We are recruiting for an admin worker Key responsibilities will include maintaining digital and email-based filing systems, photocopying, and scanning; preparing agendas/information and taking minutes for internal staff meetings, taking and relaying messages, completing basic bookkeeping tasks, maintaining databases and websites, compiling data as directed.
Help to develop appropriate content for a range of communications campaigns in collaboration with others.
To post on social media as directed
Help to develop and implement the organisation’s different strategies in order to successfully promote the work of the organisation and to raise awareness of domestic abuse with a range of external stakeholders and the wider community.
Help ensure the organisation’s staff and volunteers operate safe systems of working at all times, which take care of their own safety and that of colleagues and others who may be affected by their activities in accordance with Independent Choices’ Health & Safety, Lone Working, Safeguarding, and other associated policies and procedures.
Essential Skills or Experience
- To apply for this position, it is essential that you have administration or equivalent experience.
- It is essential that you have a minimum of 1 year working in an administrative role
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 days;
- a pension scheme that includes a 7% employer contribution (if applicable);
- as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
Closing Date: 9:00 am, 23rd February 2023
Interview Date: 24th February 2023
Applications are open to women only under section under Schedule 3, Part 7 Paragraphs 26 and 27 of the Equality Act 2010
Independent Choices is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from women from all sections of the community.