We are a Greater Manchester-based professional organisation, with over 40 years of experience supporting, advising and working with victims of domestic abuse & violence in Greater Manchester.
As an organisation, our key charity’s objectives are:
To provide support for victims and survivors of domestic violence and abuse for people aged 16 or over and their families, throughout the United Kingdom
- To advance public and professional education and understanding of the issues of domestic abuse/ violence throughout the United Kingdom.
Our organisation consists of 4 key areas:
- The Greater Manchester Domestic Abuse Helpline, including The Community Helpline Service with services available in Urdu & Punjabi
- Training for professionals, the public, victims & survivors of domestic abuse & violence
- Community Engagement across Greater Manchester
- Our volunteer service – we recruit and train volunteers to work alongside and support our services
Independent Choices Greater Manchester (ICGM) also manage and run the End the Fear website. This is a Greater Manchester focussed website whose primary focus is to provide key information and support for victims and survivors of domestic violence and abuse, as well as for their family, friends, professionals and perpetrators. You can also find regular job vacancies posted for new positions within the Domestic Abuse/Violence and VAWG (Violence Against Women and Girls) sectors. We also post regular news and reports articles, especially curated for our readers and subscribers.